Adhesive Tape Products, Ltd.
SST-736 Safety Tape
A must for situations such as film, production and entertainment where you need to be able to cover and protect cables while simultaneously alerting pedestrians to trip hazards. Designed to adhere and perform well in the most demanding environments. Additionally, it's water-resistant, high-temperature and weather-resistant to perform well in most environments. 7 mil (0.175mm). Conformable Soft PVC Vinyl. Synthetic Rubber Adhesive, self-extinguishing. Adhesion: 22 oz/in. Tensile strength: 18 lbs/in. Elongation: 150% at break. Temperature resistance: up to 140°F. Will not corrode copper, brass, steel, or aluminum. For striping & warning, marking of hazardous areas and exits to comply with OSHA requirements per paragraph 1910.144 of the Federal Register. 3” neutral core.
Colors Available: Typical Uses...
Black/yellow Physical Hazard/Caution
- Readily identifying cable areas and trip hazards in TV, audio/visual, entertainment, trade shows, conventions, etc.
- Bundling cables and wires
- Marking and labeling equipment cases and boxes
- Marking stairs and exits or spiking stages
Click here for Manufacture's website.
Nominal Tape Widths vs Actual Widths
5% narrower than the NOMINAL width shown in inches. Examples:
Tape rolls are cut to standard tape industry metric widths of approx. 24mm per 1-inch of nominal width ordered. As a result ACTUAL tape widths are normally
- 1" Nominal width = 15/16" (24mm) Actual width
- 2" Nominal width = 1-7/8" (48mm) Actual width
- 3" Nominal width = 2-13/16" (72mm) Actual width
Note that tape rolls are NOT guaranteed to be splice-free.