Polyken 225FR Is a printed, linerless, flame retardant glass cloth tape for aircraft cargo compartment seam sealing. Applications include: cargo pit applications for freight carrying aircraft; seaming and repairing cargo compartment liners; covering pins & rivets; and challenging applications where high adhesion and flame resistance is critical. NSN 7510-01-559-3419.
Polyken 290FR Flame Retardant, Printed, Polyethylene-coated, Fiberglass Cargo Liner Tape. Meets:
- Boeing 737-SL-25-115-B, 757-SL-25-085-B, 747-SL-25-195-B, 767-SL-25-112-B, 777-SL-25-037-B
- Bombardier DSC 91-81-2 & 91-18-2A
- NSN 7510-01-559-3419
- FAR 25.853(a) & 25.855(d),
- Airbus ABD0031, Para 7.3.2 & 7.4
Features & Benefits
Super high tensile strength.
Resists flame penetration for added safety.
- High moisture resistance.
- Coating protects skin from contacting fiberglass.
- Aggressive adhesion to all surfaces.
- Maintains seal under heavy loads.
- Resists flagging and lifting.
- Meets requirements for use in aircraft cargo compartments - complies with FAR 25.853(a) & 25.855(d).
Polyken 290FR Flame Retardant Cargo Compartment Tape
- Adhesive: flame retardant synthetic rubber
- Carrier/Backing: polyethylene coated fiberglass cloth
- Thickness: 13 mils (carrier, adhesive)
- Adhesion: 38 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Adhesion to Backing: 32 ounces per inch
- Tensile Strength: 150 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Service/Operating Temperature: 40°F to 200°F
- Exiting Time: 0 seconds
- Burn Length: 0.25 inches
- After Glow: 0 seconds
- Certifications: FAR 25.853(a) & 25.855(d), Airbus ABD0031, Para 7.3.2 & 7.4; Boeing 737-SL-25-115-B, 757-SL-25-085-B, 747-SL-25-195-B, 767-SL-25-112-B, 777-SL-25-037-B
- Core: 3" diameter
Nominal Tape Widths vs Actual Widths
Tape rolls are cut to standard tape industry metric widths of approx. 24mm per 1-inch of nominal width ordered. As a result ACTUAL tape widths are normally 5% narrower than the NOMINAL width shown in inches. Examples:
- 1" Nominal width = 15/16" (24mm) Actual width
- 2" Nominal width = 1-7/8" (48mm) Actual width
- 3" Nominal width = 2-13/16" (72mm) Actual width
Note that tape rolls are NOT guaranteed to be splice-free.