Masking Tape: Orange Mask (OM) Intertape Polymer Group
OM (OrangeMask®) is an orange, high quality, smooth, crepe paper masking tape with a natural rubber adhesive. Good quick-stick and holding properties for the composites industries. Smooth-to-the-touch, straight, clean paint-break line, highly conformable and flexible, tear resistant, moisture and solvent resistant, UV resistant up to 72 hours, and can be exposed to oven temperature up to 250°F (121°C) up to 30 minutes. Stain and transfer resistant, controlled unwind, and good adhesion to backing when layered.
Designed for masking fiberglass molds (gel-coating) and composites where either semi-permanent or paste wax release agents. For marine and other OEM (bus, truck, RV, automotive) paint applications.
- Masking tape protects surfaces not intended for painting and is commonly used with masking paper or film. It has a thin crepe paper backing that tears easily, resists lifting and conforms well to a variety of surfaces.
- Paper backings are made from compressed materials, typically cellulose pulp. Commonly water activated, paper backings are either torn by hand or cut.
Nominal Tape Widths vs Actual Widths
Tape rolls are cut to standard tape industry metric widths of approx. 24mm per 1-inch of nominal width ordered. As a result ACTUAL tape widths are normally 5% narrower than the NOMINAL width shown in inches. Examples:
- 1" Nominal width = 15/16" (24mm) Actual width
- 2" Nominal width = 1-7/8" (48mm) Actual width
- 3" Nominal width = 2-13/16" (72mm) Actual width
Note that tape rolls are NOT guaranteed to be splice-free.