Polyken 296FR Cargo-Pit Seam Tape - BMS5-146
Always Free Shipping On All Tape Orders, Rolls or Cases, With TapeMonster
Flame Retardant Cargo Compartment Tape
A lighweight, flame retardant fiberglass cloth tape used for a multitude of aerospace uses. Designed to meet requirements for use in aircraft cargo compartments.
Polyken 296FR Flame Retardant, Linered, Printed, Glass Cloth Cargo Pit Tape; Meets:
- FAR 25.853(a) & 25.855(d),
- BMS5-146 Rev. ORG, Type 1, Class 1, Grade A,
- Airbus ABD0031, Para 7.3.2;
- Boeing 737-SL-25-115-B, 757-SL-25-085-B, 747-SL-25-195-B, 767-SL-25-112-B, 777-SL-25-037-B
2" rolls / 24 per case
3" rolls / 16 per case
Uses & Applications
- Cargo pit applications for freight carrying aircraft.
- Challenging applications where high adhesion and flame resistance is critical.
- Seaming and repairing cargo compartment liners.
- Covering pins & rivets.
- Metal surface protection during soldering or welding.
Features & Benefits
- Complies with FAR 25.853(a) & 25.855(d).
- Super high tensile strength.
- Resists flame penetration for added safety.
- Lightweight construction so saves money.
- Conformable to handle curves and corners.
- Repositionable and clean removal.
- Resists flagging and lifting.
- Meets EU Directive 76/769/EEC.
Polyken 296FR Flame Retardant Cargo Compartment Tape
- Adhesive: bromide-free acrylic
- Carrier/Backing: fiberglass cloth
- Release Liner: low-density polyethylene (LDPE) film
- Thickness: 7 mils (carrier, adhesive)
- Adhesion: 45 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: 134 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Service/Operating Temperature: -40°F to 275°F
- Exiting Time: 0.66 seconds
- Burn Length: 3 inches
- After Glow: 0 seconds
- Certifications: FAR 25.853(a) & 25.855(d), BMS5-146, Airbus ABD0031, Para 7.3.2& 7.4, Boeing 737-SL-25-115-B, 757-SL-25-085-B, 747-SL-25-195-B, 767-SL-25-112-B, 777-SL-25-037-B
- Core: 3" diameter